Friday, April 13, 2018

Reading Reflection No. 3


Steve Jobs

1.       The thing that surprised me most about Steve Jobs was that he created Pixar Animation Studios after he was ousted by the board at Apple.

2.       I admired how even with a lack of direction in his life he was able to do something incredible that was greater than himself. Not everyone is given great opportunities but I believe that you can be anything you want to be if you give enough effort.

3.       I really don’t like arrogant people and Steve Jobs was known for being a huge asshole. I don’t think he needed to be that way in order to be successful. I think he could have been much more influential if people liked him.

4.       Jobs was amazing at pioneering innovation. The design of the things he made was essential in shaping the future of how technology would go on to shape the future.

5.       I am still confused as to how he was able to be kicked out of his position at Apple. He was the creator and figure head.

6.       How did you gain the courage and how did you learn that this was an option that was available for you. These are things that I want to know about me and my passions and hearing someone else talk about it would be beneficial.

7.       Like all motivated people I believe that Jobs would think that hard work was essential for being successful in any facet. There are no amazing things that would have been done without hard work.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nicholas!
    I really like the book you chose for this weeks assignment as I almost picked it myself. I agree with your sentiments that being very blunt like Mr.Jobs can lead to missed opportunities. I liked your questions about what drove him to be so brave in his pioneering. I find it can often be hard to make the first step into the unknown. Overall, I thought you did a great job on this assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nicholas! I actually almost chose that book as well, and now after reading your post, I feel like I should have! It sounds so interesting. Although Steve Jobs is one of the most popular people in the world, I feel like there are some things that we still do not know about him. I have always wondered why he got kicked out of Apple too.. that is definitely something I would be interested in finding out. Great post!

    ReplyDelete