Friday, April 13, 2018

Celebrating Failure


1.       I have failed quite a few times this semester. There have been a great deal of things that I have applied to and interviewed for but was denied from. They were for leadership positions in the school of business.

2.       I learned that what people think of you is critical in deciding how you will progress in your future career. I am the author of people’s opinion of me and I need to make sure that I am painting a strong enough image that can help me gain the positions that I want in order to be successful.

3.       I allow myself to be down about something for less than a day. Anything more than that is hurtful, and anything less doesn’t give you enough time to be human.  I never want to be the victim either. Blaming my failure on others is not what I want to be doing. It is easy to begin to blame everything else on others and not grow from these experiences.

2 comments:

  1. Nicholas,
    Good job completing this assignment and describing a time that you've failed in the past. It seems like you learned a lot from the experience. You did a good job describing what you think of failure as a whole. Overall, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nicholas!
    I like that you have interviews as your failures. They can be really tough and the only way to get real improvement is through practice and failure. Your decision to not dwell on mistakes for more than a day is a great mindset to have. While there is a lot to learn from mistakes you shouldn't beat yourself up for making them. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete